We traveled from Tel Aviv to Tiberias today. But I have a secret. We stopped somewhere on the way out of Tel Aviv that wasn't actually on the way to Tiberias. I went back to see The Solution. That's right. I needed to say goodbye to my good friend Abu Hassan. I was there first thing in the morning.
The hummus was still warm. I sat and enjoyed it while saying goodbye to my other good friend from the first four days: the calming waters of the Mediterranean. The kids enjoy Abu's fresh made bread. Thumbs up.
Our first stop in our day long trip to Tiberias was at Caesarea. The boys walked past the 2000 years of history, unimpressed. There was a big boat out at sea. And it needed to be photographed.
After the hunt for Red October, we saw the old roman colosseum. We also saw an old rock that is inscribed with a bunch of Latin. Two of the words are "Pontius Pilate." This is the only known artifact outside of the Gospel accounts that refer Pontius Pilate. I'd show you a picture of it, but you can google "Pontius Pilate."
Our next step was at monastery near mount Carmel. It's know for it's views of the area. The picture at the top of this update is one such example. I enjoyed the monastery grounds.
Ana taught me that the step one in making friends with a stray cat is to make eye contact with it for 5 minutes. There's a statue of Elijah in the background.
There's a little town called Nazareth along the way to Tiberias. It's famous for a few reasons, these days it's most famous for it's great restaurants. Next trip. Kanna - that's the place Jesus made wine out of water:
Before we called it a day and settled into our new hotel here in Tiberias, we stopped at saw the location of Jethro's tomb, a sacred spot for the Druze.









No comments:
Post a Comment