I started the Day 1 recap with a wish a good friend of mine sent me:
"I hope you find something unanticipated but welcomed, even if proven over time."
The good news is my friend reads this space. The better news is that he sent me an urgent message to remind me of some of the basics in life:
"It's not a wish, it's a blessing. Dimwit.
Blessings happen, wishes are for suckers."
We are blessed.
The Beatles are everywhere. At least in Ben's world. He's on a Beatles kick. Whenever you see the blue headphones, you can rest easy knowing it's been a hard day's night.
We spent today on the beach. By the end of the day, Ben told me a secret. I'm no longer his white daddy. That's because I look like a cherry.
The beach is great. I paid good money for a beach chair. We originally thought the beach chairs were courtesy of the beach. Or maybe the hotel. Then the guy collecting rent showed up. It was well worth it. I had an ocean side view for most of the day.
Lunch required extensive planning. We started the day planning to go see the legend, Mr. Abu Hassan. The hummus man. But then we took our time getting to breakfast, and the breakfast stretched out a bit...because sure - I'll have another coffee....and then our post breakfast sand castle building championship went long...vacation time set in. Well, around 1:30 we starting thinking about lunch, and here's the thing about Mr. Hassan. His shop closes up sometime between 12 and 2- whenever the hummus runs dry for the day. (Inventory Management evidently isn't his sweet spot).
Instead of risking a trip to Abu Hassan and then coming up empty, we decided instead for Falafel. Hakosem!! Which means magic. And Magic it was. Sam ate his and wanted to get in line again.
Another day. We head out for Galilee on Tuesday, which leaves one more day for lounging around and doing not much of anything. We're really happy we scheduled the extra few days at the beginning of this trip without anything planned. The waves serenade us to sleep each night, the sea breeze gives us a hug each morning over coffee, and we take our time getting through the remainder of the day.
We are blessed.





No comments:
Post a Comment